A list of the accolades received by the Vice Chancellor of Great Zimbabwe University, Professor Rungano Jonas Zvobgo on behalf of the University and on his own behalf
1. The Zimbabwe Institute of Management First Runner Up Manager of the Year Award- Education Sector, Bulawayo, 2012.
2. The Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce Overall Transformational Leader of the Year Award 2012, Gweru.
3. The LASOF Career and Leadership Legacy Builder Award, Harare, 2013.
4. The Megafest Top 20 Outstanding men in Business Personality Award, Harare, 2013
5. The Majestic Five Continents Award for Quality and Excellence and The Total Quality Management (TQM) Aptitude Seal for Quality Performance and Best Customer Satisfaction, Geneva, Switzerland, 2013.
6. The Best Regional University Award, Oxford, United Kingdom, 2013.
7. The Manager of the year Award, European Association of Rectors, Oxford, United Kingdom, 2013.
8. Admission of the Vice Chancellor into the European Club of Rectors and attainment of lifetime membership of the Oxford Academic Society, 2014.
9. The Certificate of Membership to the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce Group, Oxford, United Kingdom, 2014-2015.
10. The Greatest Contribution to Education, World Congress of Chancellors and Vice Chancellors, Mumbai, India, 2014.
11. Board Membership of the World Congress of Chancellors and Vice Chancellors 2014-2018.
12. Megafest Award for the Best Training and Development Institution, Bulawayo, 2014.
13. Megafest Award – 2nd Runner-up Top twenty (20) Outstanding Men In Business, Special Recognition for being a living legacy, 2014.
14. Zimbabwe Business Council Awards- Best University 2014.
15. Zimbabwe Business Council Awards- Vice Chancellor of the Year 2014
16. Best Quality Leadership Award 2014, Las Vegas USA
17. The Global Award for Perfection Quality and Ideal Performance, 2014, Berlin, Germany.
18. Zimbabwe Institute of Management Southern Region 1st Runner Up Manager of the Year 2014 in the Public Sector Category.
19. Zimbabwe Institute of Management National 1st Runner Up Manager of the Year 2014 in the Public Sector Category.
20. Global Award for Perfection Quality and Ideal Performance, 2015, Paris, France.
21. Total Quality Management (TQM) Aptitude Seal for High Quality Performance and Best Customer Satisfaction, Paris, France.
22. Contact Centre Association of Zimbabwe (CCAZ) Zimbabwe Service Customer Service Executive of the Year in the Public Sector, 2015.
23. Contact Centre Association of Zimbabwe (CCAZ) Zimbabwe Service Excellence Awards Customer Service Excellence Award in the Education Sector 2015.
24. Masvingo City Council Quasqicentennial Awards- Outstanding Contribution to Masvingo- Great Zimbabwe University, 2015.
25. Masvingo City Council Quasqicentennial Awards- Outstanding Contribution to Masvingo- Professor R. J. Zvobgo, 2015.
26. Africa Education Leadership Awards, Education Leadership Award, Mauritius, December 2015.
27. Megafest Top 20 Outstanding man in Business, 2015, special recognition in good leadership strategies, 2015.
28. Megafest Top 20 Outstanding organization, 2015. Fastest Growing University.
29. Megafest, Vice Chancellor of the year, 2015, March 2016.
30. Masvingo City Council Civic Honours for Outstanding Contribution Towards Education and Outstanding Training Development and public work in Masvingo over a period of many years.