The Great Zimbabwe University, then known as Masvingo State University, was established through the recommendations of the Chetsanga Report of August 1995 which proposed the devolution of Teachers’ and Technical Colleges into degree awarding institutions that would eventually become universities in their own right.
What Drives Great Zimbabwe University
To be the centre of excellence in arts, culture and heritage studies as well as the advancement of other academic disciplines for the promotion of the development of society.
In order to support the vision, we shall:
- Reclaim and preserve our African culture and heritage;
- Mainstream Arts, Culture And Heritage in our teaching and research;
- Lead in the development of entrepreneurs and professionals in the creative industry;
- Provide our stakeholders with an enabling environment for research and empower them with entrepreneurial skills;
- Produce versatile graduates equipped with skills and competencies relevant to the needs of society;
- Attract and retain highly competent staff,
- Use ICT-based solutions in teaching, learning, research, administration and innovation, and;
- Uplift communities we serve through our involvement in their development.
• Results Focus
Our Heavenly Father, Creator of the Universe,
Sustainer of humanity, Source of life, strength and wisdom. We praise and worship you, eternal and Almighty God.
We pray for this University that it may be development-oriented in pursuit of its vision and mandate.
We pray that you instill in us deep understanding, knowledge, courage and wisdom to effectively uphold the core values of our institution and that its graduands may be an inspiration to our nation and the international community through their technical competences and social values.
Grant us your grace, love, peace and assurance of the Holy Spirit that we may act according to your will, now and forever more
Write To Us
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O Box 1235
+263 39 266645/48/60/63
+263 78 2780 661/2
Admissions and Registration: