The primary responsibility of the Bursar’s Department is to ensure the effective financial management and stewardship of the University’s assets and ensuring that the University’s financial position remains healthy and sustainable. The Department is part of the Corporate Services Group which provides the physical, operational and commercial environment which supports the educational and research activities of the University.
MBA (ZOU), B.Tech Accounting (UZ) and ACCA
MBA (NUST), B.Tech Accounting (UZ), Cert. Leadership and Management (ILM)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bursar’s department services the University through the following sections:
- Collection of and accounting for all University financial resources.
- Checking accuracy of financial records.
- Banking of cash collections.
- Reconciliation of bank statements and cash books.
- Security of cash and other security items.
- Ensuring accuracy of records in the pastel system.
- Safe custody, security and proper use of University assets.
- Risk management through insurance of all University assets.
- Disposal of assets that have exceeded their useful life.
- Monitoring the movement of assets within the University.
- Reviewing assets for impairment or revaluation.
- Timeous and accurate payment of service providers.
- Capturing of all University expenditure.
- Issuing of petty cash.
- Creditors/supplier reconciliations.
- Invoicing of service providers.
- Filing of all payment vouchers.
- Budget compilation.
- Budget monitoring and control.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Checking accuracy of expenditure items, including salaries.
- Wage bill computations and compilation.
- Reconciliation of payroll and wage bill.
- Planning procurement activities and selecting appropriate method of procurement.
- Ensuring compliancy with the procurement act.
- Ensuring an uninterrupted flow of materials, parts, assets and service to support operations.
- Administration of payroll.
- Processing of wages of casual employees.
- Computation of statutory returns.
- Payment of salaries and related expenses.
- Attend to salary enquiries.
- Invoicing of students.
- Checking accuracy of entries in student personal accounts.
- Processing of refunds for students.
- Student debtors reconciliations.
The Accounts Section and Student Accounts Section are found at both our main campus in Masvingo and at Mashava campus. We operate from Monday to Friday, commence business from 0800 hours to 1630 hours. The Student Accounts Section is also available during registration of cohort classes in Harare at each campus, that is at Dzidzo House (along Enterprise Road), Colonade Business School in Masasa and at Seke Teachers College.