Simon Muzenda School Of Arts and Heritage Studies
Centre For African And Asian Studies
Director’s Welcome Note
Kwame Nkrumah Centre African and Asian Studies [CAAS] is a semi-autonomous centre of excellence of the Great Zimbabwe University [GZU] whose vision is to be the world’s leading Pan African University Centre for the study of Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Its mission is to provide knowledge about Africa, Asia and the rest of the world with a view to equip people for a global economic, social and political environment.
The CAAS aim to:
- Advance our understanding of Africa, Asia and the rest of the world.
- Provide global public knowledge and education through seminars, workshops and conferences. NB: Outreach events, seminars and conferences will bring leaders in business, government, the media and academia to GZU to share experiences and make a long term impact.
- Function as both a national and international centre in the field of African and Asian studies and to contribute to the education and teaching of culture and heritage studies.
- Promote the dissemination of knowledge and understanding of African and Asian studies in the wider public sphere.
- Function as a think tank, knowledge hub publishing centre of leading academic research for African and Asian scholars.
- Coordinate collaborative research and strengthen research cultures in Africa through the support of partnerships and research collaboration between K-NCAAS and other African Universities.
The CAAS plays a role of organizing and/or facilitating guest lectures, seminars, conferences, training workshops, annual events [like Dzimbabwe Arts Festival]. It works with all faculties, schools, and centres of the GZU.