Quality Assurance & Academic Planning Unit
Welcome to the Quality Assurance and Academic Planning Unit. The Unit is meant to assist the University in fulfilling its mission of providing quality education and training. In fulfilling this role, the Unit:
- ensures the University’s compliance with appropriate standards set by regulatory bodies such as ZIMCHE.
- monitors and ensures quality in the University’s operations.
- ensures that performance standards set for all aspects of the University’s activities are appropriate and relevant.
- monitors the implementation of Quality Assurance processes as per the set standards.
- develops and periodically updates operational tools for internal Quality Assurance operations.
- ensures the use of assessment instruments for the University’s operations.
- ensures quality in student assessment procedures.
- monitors implementation of recommendations arising from internal and external evaluations.
- advises respective University units on Quality Assurance issues.
- monitors the review of the University’s policy documents, and
- updates the University on regional and international trends in Quality Assurance issues.
MEET THE QUALITY ASSURANCE AND ACADEMIC PLANNING UNIT TEAM
Director: Quality Assurance and Academic Planning Unit
Full Professor of Educational Psychology and Special Needs Education. DEd: Psychology of Education [UNISA, 2007], MSc Educational Psychology [UZ, 1997], BSc Hons Psychology [UZ, 1990], FETC & FETD [HEXCO, 1995; 1998]. Registered Psychologist, Zimbabwe.
He has served as a quality assurer in a number of African universities (eg, Makerere University, Kenyatta University, University of Western Cape, North West University, University of Lagos, University of Ibadan, University of Swaziland, University of Education Winneba, University of Zimbabwe) in his capacity as external examiner (for degree programmes and post graduate theses) and external assessor for promotion to Senior Lecturer, Associate and Full Professor grades for scholars.
He has been a Head of Department, Deputy Dean and Dean in the Robert Mugabe School of Education and Culture at Great Zimbabwe University, a Research Champion in the Faculty of Education at Walter Sisulu University, South Africa, a Professor in the College of Education at the University of South Africa (UNISA) and a visiting professor at Kyambogo University, Uganda (2007 to 2008).
He has published 63 articles in reputable journals. In addition, he has co-authored two books and has published 10 book chapters. He has also published 3 book reviews and has written 3 refereed training materials.He has presented several papers at local and international conference. He was a commissioning Panel member for ESRC-DFID Education and Development: Rising Learning Outcomes in Education Systems Research Programme for 2013-2014 and 2016. He has successfully supervised 13 Masters and 9 Doctoral students’ theses. He serves on a number of editorial boards of international journals. He is the editor-in-chief of Dzimbahwe Journal of Multidisciplinary Research.
His research interests are: Educational psychology; Career guidance and counselling; Special Needs Education/Inclusive Education; HIV and AIDS; Teacher Development.
HND (Office Management) [Masvingo Polytechnic, 2014]
ND (Secretarial Studies) [Masvingo Polytechnic, 2007]
NC (Secretarial Studies) [Masvingo Polytechnic, 2006]
Email Address: email@example.com