University Enhancement/Advancement is a strategic, integrated method of managing relationships to increase understanding and support among Great Zimbabwe University’s key constituencies including Alumni and friends,faculty, government policy makers, members of the community and philanthropical entities of all types.
The primary core disciplines of Great Zimbabwe University enhancement/advancement are Alumni Relations, communication, strategic projects marketing and strategic fundraising planning.
Advancement team works on behalf of Great Zimbabwe University to:-
- Secure private financial support from potential donors committed to the mission of the Great Zimbabwe University.
- Engage Alumni as Great Zimbabwe University volunteers, advocates and supporters.
- Promote or market the Great Zimbabwe University to prospective students, their parents and others in liaison with schools, admissions and Information and Public Relations offices.
- Communicate about the institution to those who have a stake in its success including community members, business leaders, government officials and the press through the Information and Public Relations office.
Alumni Relations Programs builds and strengthen Great Zimbabwe University relations with students, members of the faculty, friends and others.
- Alumni Relations Office builds lifelong relationships with the Alumni in support of the Great Zimbabwe University mission.
- Facilitates two way communications between the institution and the Alumni.
- Leverages a purposeful Alumni on behalf of the Institution.
- Maintains a history and tradition and help secure a bright future of the institution.
Communication and Marketing Programmes at the Institution.
In conjunction with the Information and Public Relations office Enhancement engages all constituencies in a two way system to promote the institution’s mission through:
- Conducting strategic programmes to engender understanding and support among key publics for the institution and its goals.
- Manage Institutional reputations and responses to issues that might affect its resource mobilisation process.
- Coordinate communication and marketing efforts across the organization that have to do with resource mobilisation.
- Provide specific communication and marketing services to offices across the institution regarding resource mobilisation at Great Zimbabwe University.
FUNDRAISING PROGRAMMES AT GREAT ZIMBABWE UNIVERSITY
Secure private support in the form of annual gifts, major gifts, planned gifts and cooperate and foundation gifts often through strategically developed fundraising campaigns.
Advancement Team in Fundraising:
- Secures support that will help the institution achieve its goals.
- Builds and steward relationships with potential and current donors, including the Alumni, community members, cooperations, foundations, Trustees, Faculty, staff, parents, current students and others.
- Manage and analyse relevant data regarding donors, gifts and giving trends.
Meet The University Enhancement Staff
Director, University Enhancement:
Rtd. Lt. Col N. Mtombeni
Diploma, War and Strategic Studies (UZ), MA Museology (NL)
Director, Business Development:
Mr D. Pakai
Mr C. Pisirai
Diploma in Education (UZ), Bachelor of Education (UZ), Med Curriculum Studies (GZU)
Mr M.D.K Mutanda
Diploma Personnel Management (IPMZ), Bsc Administration (UZ)
Ms J. Matingwina
MSc Human Resources Management (MSU), BSc Human Resources Management (MSU), Diploma, Adult and Continuing Education (GZU), HND Office Management (Masvingo Polytechnic)
Secretary: Mrs R. Matingwina
Shop Assistant: Ms M. Dondo
Shop Assistant: Ms N. Sibindi
Acting Supervisor Brickyard: Mr. L. Ngwaru
Farm Manager: Mr. B. Mukwende
Farm Manager: Mr. I. Muyanga